1. Do I need to be a resident of Nutley to receive services?
There are no resident restrictions at NFSB. We provide services to those who live in Essex and other surrounding counties.
2. How do I begin?
It is as simple as picking up the phone. The intake coordinator will ask about your presenting concern, verify insurance or assess payment options, and schedule the next available appointment for an initial meeting with a therapist.
3. What insurances do you accept?
We accept most major insurances, Medicare and Medicaid.
4. I don’t have medical insurance, am I still eligible for services?
No one is denied service because they don’t have medical insurance.
5. If my income is limited, how can I afford the services?
NFSB is a non-profit organization that offers psychotherapy to those in need. A sliding fee scale option determines your payment responsibility based on income level.
6. I have a friend who says he would like to see a therapist, but he is worried about confidentiality.
Our therapists and staff take great measures to ensure that client confidentiality is protected. NFSB enforces a strict protocol which exeeds the (government mandated) HPAA requirements for confidentiality.
7. Since I work all day, it would be hard to go to NFSB during working hours. Do you have evening hours?
NFSB makes every effort to operate in ways which accommodate client needs. Hours are as follows:
– Monday through Thursday: 9am-9pm.
– Fridays: 9am-6pm.
– Saturdays: Please call for availability.
8. I have more questions, who can I ask?
Please contact our receptionist who can direct you to the person who can best answer your questions. 973-667-1884