THE BEDFORD GOLF CLASSIC
The Bedford Golf Classic
A Golf Tournament & Fundraiser for the Nutley Family Service Bureau
Monday, July 12th, 202
Glen Ridge Country Club, 555 Ridgewood Avenue, Glen Ridge, NJ 07028
Format: 36 teams – Each team: 2 golfers
DOWNLOAD FLYER for Complete Rules & Format of Play.
The late and great Ruth Bedford was the quintessential philanthropist to many, including the Bureau, where she served on the Board of Directors for decades, served as Board President, and named Lifetime Trustee in 2013. As we’re organizing the first annual tournament, it is fitting to name it in Ruth’s honor to remember her good nature, spirited personality and her philanthropy.
$250 per golfer ($500 per two-person team) includes golf, cart, continental breakfast, box lunch, 3-hour open bar (beer & wine) at the start of the playoff, BBQ dinner & awards.
For additional information call Andy Garruto at 973-661-4455 or Greg Tolve at 973-220-9750.
Makes checks payable to Nutley Family Service Bureau, and mail form and check to The Bedford, 609 Franklin Avenue, Nutley, NJ 07110.
This is the ideal way to raise money for an exceptional charity, by providing golf-lovers a challenging and fun, one-day tournament where each golfer achieves their own score (not a scramble), at a country club course.
- 8:00 a.m. Course opens for practice (driving range, chipping areas, putting green)
- 8:30 am – 10:00 am Continental breakfast
- 9:00 am – Optional putting contest
- 9:50 am – Tournament announcements at first tee
- 10:00 am – First 6-hole match begins 12:00 pm – Box lunch
- 12:00 pm – Second 6-hole match begins
- 2:00 pm -Third/Final 6-hole match begins
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Open Bar (beer & wine)
- 4:00 pm – Playoffs between flight winners Ruth Bedford
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm BBQ Awards Dinner